I can’t find my drone’s Wi-Fi access point on my device!
There might be a couple of reasons why your device is not able to detect the Wi-Fi access point of the drone. Please refer to the bullet points below:
- Are there any blinking lights on the drone’s camera?
- Please refer to the USER MANUAL with regards to the specific behaviour of the drone’s camera when it’s trying to broadcast the Wi-Fi access point.
- If there aren’t any lights on the drone’s camera, try to remove the camera (if possible) and re-attach it again. Make sure that the camera’s lens is pointing to the same direction as the drone’s front.
- Do you have a lot of Wi-Fi access points stored on your device’s memory?
- If you have a lot of Wi-Fi access points saved on your device, it might cause the drone’s Wi-Fi to not show up on the list of access points. Please clear some/all of your access points to give way for the drone’s.
- Have you tried looking for the drone’s Wi-Fi access point using another device?
- Please check if the drone’s Wi-Fi access point appears on another device. Please refer to the USER MANUAL for the app’s system requirements as well to make sure your device meets them.
- Have you tried restarting your device/drone?
- Most of the time, issues with Wi-Fi connectivity/app issues are solved with a power cycle. Please restart both the drone and your device and re-do the correct Wi-Fi connection process as per the drone’s USER MANUAL.
- If the troubleshooting steps above didn’t help with the app issue, please contact our customer service.